Haunt your halls with a colony of these denizens of the dark. They can just hang around,or they can
take wing as a bat mobile — tape several to pieces of monofilament and string
them from a small branch.
(construction or scrapbook paper works best) cut into 8- by 8-inch squares
1. Fold an 8- by 8-inch square of black paper into a triangle.
2. Fold down the top 2 inches of the triangle.
3. Fold each side flap in along the inner lines shown here, then back out along the outer lines, to form dimensional wings.
4. To create ears, use scissors to cut a notch along the top, between the wings.
5. Flip the bat over and add eyes with glow-in-the-dark paint. To give the body dimension, make a vertical crease down the center.