Things you need:
Heart Doily punch, die-cut or Silhouette Digital Craft Cutter for cutting images.
Paper in desired colors- you will need enough paper to cut 136 images (Bo Bunny Dot cardstock in red, brown and pink and clear vellum)
14” embroidery hoop
15-20 yards of coordinating ribbon for tying around base
Sturdy wire for cross hairs of chandelier
Ribbon or trim for hanging the chandelier from ceiling
1. Cross two wires in the center of your large circle base so that they meet in the middle of the circle. Wrap ends of wire around circle where they come in contact. This will create a cross in the circle so that you will have more surface to tie shapes to.
2. Tie ribbons in knots around circle base. This will give weight to the base of the chandelier and also cover up whatever your ring is made of. The closer your ribbons are, the more ribbon you will need, but the fuller it will be.
3. Begin cutting or punching hearts from paper. You will need a total of 68 completed hearts for your chandelier. Put a colored cardstock and a clear vellum piece together for each heart, so cut 68 of each.
4. Cut 17 pieces of fishing line to about 20”. Each piece of fishing line will have 4 hearts attached to it.
5. Begin attaching hearts to fishing line with glue dots. Place glue dots in the center of each heart. Run the fishing line up the body and then attach the front piece of the heart over the top. This will create a sandwich for the fishing line. Place hearts about 3-4 inches apart on the line. Leave plenty of extra line at the top of the strands so that you will be able to tie it on to the hoop at the right height.
6. When you have attached all of your hearts to the line, begin tying them on to your base. You will tie on heart strings at three levels. The one piece of line that is tied at the cross point in the middle should be the longest. Then, you should tie one line to the center of each of the wire spokes slightly higher than the center piece. The rest of the lines should be tied around the outer ring slightly higher than those in the middle. Each quarter of the outside circle will have 3 lines tied to it (one at each point of the cross and two between each point).
7. Use ribbon tied to each cross point to hang the chandelier from the ceiling or other area. (Tie a large bow at the top to create a soft fluffy look.