1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla extract
2. Pre-heat skillet
3. Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated.
4. Place coconut in large bowl and dip saturated bread in coconut on both sides.
5. Cook bread on each side until golden brown.
6. Top with Strawberries, raspberries, bananas and coconut syrup. (Or toppings of your choice!)
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk, well shaken
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in sugar, coconut milk and salt. Bring mixture just to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and coconut extract, whisk mixture for about 10 seconds until frothy. Serve warm. Store in refrigerator up to one week in an airtight container.
Make this fun subway art for your Mom or Grandma. Brainstorm your favorite words that describe your Mom or grandma. Also think about some of the favorite things you do with them or favorite things she gives to you. You can also add all the names of the kids or grandkids.
Type up the words on the computer using different fonts and color.
Cut out the words.
Next, layout the words on the 5×7 cardstock. You can also choose a few random clipart pictures to add (hearts, a cookie jar).
After you decide on positioning, tape the words down with double-sided tape to the 5X7 piece of cardstock. Then go to your computer and type in all the words and clipart in the design you made on the 5×7 cardstock. You can choose to print it in black and white or you can add color to your words and clipart. Print.
Cut a piece of pattern paper to 8 1/2 x 11. Mount you artwork onto the pattern paper. Frame wrap and give!
This is a great personalized gift for Mom or Grandma.
Here’s a pic of the cards we made in the April 2012 Kathy’s Handmade Card Class. Kits are still available.
My next classes will be:
Hemstitched Heirlooms – May 22nd 6-8 pm
Sandy Hobby Lobby – May 19th 6-8 pm
We will be making a vintage Father’s Day card, a subway art Father’s Day, and two other cards. You can pay for a class or kit by going to “Pages” at the right and clicking on “Pay for Classes and Kits”
Hope to see you soon!